- Published on Saturday, 12 September 2015 11:30
Save the date: North Kildonan Community Centre will be holding its annual craft sale Saturday, November 28.
More than 25 local artisans will be on hand between 10am and 3pm at North Kilodnan Community Centre to help you cross off items on your holiday shopping list. Admission to the craft sale is free. The canteen will also be open.
- Published on Monday, 17 August 2015 10:02
The River East Minor Hockey Association has modified a handful of rules for the 2015-2016 season. Significant changes include:
1) Juvenile hockey will no longer be offered by Hockey Winnipeg.
2) Minor midget has been reinstated at the 'A' level. The midget 'AA' program will continue to include 15 to 17-year-olds.
3) Temporary players may now play a total of ten games per season (no longer five games in each half).
4) Body checking has been banned at the 'A3' level for Minor Bantam and up.
5) All 'A' hockey teams from Novice 'A1' and up will be area formed teams with the Royals continuing to identify the 'A1' program. 'A2' and 'A3' teams will continue to be hosted by community centres to maintain that identity in the program. Team formation polifices will be updated to reflect the fact that wherever two or more teams are entered in a category, a draft according to ability must be conducted and will reflect the policies previously adopted for 'A1'. A formula to ensure team placement by representation in the program has been adopted and will ensure all community centres are represented.
More information can be found on REMHA's website.
- Published on Monday, 22 June 2015 04:11
North Kildonan Community Centre is now on social media. Like us on Facebook plus follow on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and a look behind the scenes.