- Published on Monday, 20 July 2015 19:02
With the 2015-2016 hockey season rapidly approaching, the River East Minor Hockey Association has announced registration dates and locations.
On-line enrolment through REMHA's website is expected to open August 1. A link will be posted on North Kildonan Community Centre's home page once registration begins. For those who wish to pay with cash or need assistance signing up, in person registration will be held during the following days:
|September 3||7-9pm||Valley Gardens Community Club (218 Antrim Road)|
|September 8||7-9pm||Chalmers Community Centre (480 Chalmers Avenue)|
|September 9||7-9pm||Gateway Recreation Centre (1717 Gateway Roady|
REMHA has modified a handful of rules for the upcoming season. Significant changes include:
1) Juvenile hockey will no longer be offered by Hockey Winnipeg.
2) Minor midget has been reinstated at the 'A' level. The midget 'AA' program will continue to include 15 to 17-year-olds.
3) Temporary players may now play a total of ten games per season (no longer five games in each half).
4) Body checking has been banned at the 'A3' level for Minor Bantam and up.
5) All 'A' hockey teams from Novice 'A1' and up will be area formed teams with the Royals continuing to identify the 'A1' program. 'A2' and 'A3' teams will continue to be hosted by community centres to maintain that identity in the program. Team formation polifices will be updated to reflect the fact that wherever two or more teams are entered in a category, a draft according to ability must be conducted and will reflect the policies previously adopted for 'A1'. A formula to ensure team placement by representation in the program has been adopted and will ensure all community centres are represented.
More information can be found on REMHA's website.
- Published on Monday, 22 June 2015 04:11
North Kildonan Community Centre is now on social media. Like us on Facebook plus follow on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and a look behind the scenes.