- Published on Friday, 21 August 2015 14:03
It’s not just back to school you have to start thinking about but also back to sport.
Indoor soccer, ringette and basketball registration will take place Saturday, August 29 from 3pm to 5pm, Thursday, September 3 from 6pm to 8pm and Thursday, September 10 from 6pm to 8pm at North Kildonan Community Centre.
- Published on Monday, 17 August 2015 10:02
Registration for the 2015-2016 hockey season is now open for all new and returning players.
On-line enrolment through the River East Minor Hockey Association's website must be completed by Saturday, September 5. A late fee of $50 per player will be applied to all registrations following this date. For those who wish to pay with cash or need assistance signing up, in-person registration will be held during the following days:
|September 3||7-9pm||Valley Gardens Community Club (218 Antrim Road)|
|September 8||7-9pm||Chalmers Community Centre (480 Chalmers Avenue)|
|September 9||7-9pm||Gateway Recreation Centre (1717 Gateway Road)|
You may attend any of those registrations regardless of your home community club.
REMHA has modified a handful of rules for the upcoming season. Significant changes include:
1) Juvenile hockey will no longer be offered by Hockey Winnipeg.
2) Minor midget has been reinstated at the 'A' level. The midget 'AA' program will continue to include 15 to 17-year-olds.
3) Temporary players may now play a total of ten games per season (no longer five games in each half).
4) Body checking has been banned at the 'A3' level for Minor Bantam and up.
5) All 'A' hockey teams from Novice 'A1' and up will be area formed teams with the Royals continuing to identify the 'A1' program. 'A2' and 'A3' teams will continue to be hosted by community centres to maintain that identity in the program. Team formation polifices will be updated to reflect the fact that wherever two or more teams are entered in a category, a draft according to ability must be conducted and will reflect the policies previously adopted for 'A1'. A formula to ensure team placement by representation in the program has been adopted and will ensure all community centres are represented.
More information can be found on REMHA's website.
- Published on Tuesday, 11 August 2015 00:33
Save the date: North Kildonan Community Centre will be holding its annual craft sale Saturday, November 21.
Complete details will be posted online at the beginning of September.
- Published on Monday, 22 June 2015 04:11
North Kildonan Community Centre is now on social media. Like us on Facebook plus follow on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and a look behind the scenes.